Undeniably Catholic, Academically Excellent
Bishop Foley Catholic High School opened in September 1965 and was built by Guardian Angels Parish in Clawson and St. Dennis Parish in Royal Oak. The first senior class graduated from Bishop Foley Catholic in the Spring of 1969.
We want you to know that we are "Undeniably Catholic and Academically Excellent." Our doors opened in 1965 to fulfill the mission and ministry of forming young minds and hearts to know and love Christ while receiving the best academic education. We continue to be a warm, welcoming community that offers many opportunities for growth in academic excellence, friendships, and faith. In turn, Bishop Foley Catholic benefits from the many talents and gifts our students bring to our community.
Today, Bishop Foley Catholic is a co-educational four year college preparatory high school, within the Archdiocese of Detroit, located in the Metro-Detroit suburb of Madison Heights. We receive students from over sixty middle schools - private and public.
Who is Bishop John Samuel Foley?
From 1888 until 1918, Bishop John Samuel Foley headed the Catholic Diocese of Detroit. As Detroit’s first American Bishop, his 30 years of leadership remains the longest for the Archdiocese of Detroit. Immigration to Detroit during this period was very heavy, not only from Europe, but also from the American South, to meet the labor needs of the rapidly expanding automotive industry. During his time in the Archdiocese of Detroit, Bishop Foley established the first black Catholic parish, St. Peter Claver, in 1911.