Procedure for Positive COVID-19 test result (staff or student) and Quarantine Guidelines
Upon determination of a confirmed positive case, Bishop Foley Catholic High School administration will adhere to the following procedure:
- Notify local health department.
- Determine close contacts.
- A close contact is defined as someone who is within 6 feet of a confirmed COVID-19 case for a total of 15 minutes over a 24-hour period.
- An individual who has been identified as a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case must self-quarantine for ten (10) days*
- However, if the individual is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms after ten (10) days, they must continue to quarantine until they are completely free of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Close contacts may provide proof of a negative PCR test, administered 5-7 days after the close contact, and return to school/work at that time.
- Administration will notify close contacts of quarantine requirements, and provide an update to the school community, informing them of the positive case
*Self-quarantine of a close contact is required, unless an asymptomatic individual meets one of four exceptions:
No self-quarantine period is required for a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case in the school setting when an individual is and remains asymptomatic AND one of the following applies:
- Within the past three (3) months the close contact provides proof of a positive, confirmatory COVID (PCR) test, OR
- Fourteen (14) days have passed since the close contact was fully vaccinated, (with documentation) OR
- The potential exposure to COVID-19 occurred in a classroom while maintaining at least six (6) feet of physical distance between the two, OR
- The potential exposure to COVID-19 occurred in a classroom while both the positive COVID-19 case and close contact were masked, and they maintained at least three (3) feet of physical distance between them.
This policy is in effect unless altered by instructions from the Health Department at the time of notification. Effective 08/24/2021