Teachers will advise which days will be synchronous (live Google Meet, lecture, discussion and more), and which will be asynchronous (students have work to do during the appointed time for the hour, but the teacher will not broadcast). There are a minimum of two synchronous days per week.
During live sessions, teachers may lecture for part of the hour, have participation in discussion, and ask students to break off into groups (through google hangouts/meet) to discuss and complete work. Lectures will not always last the entire period, and attendance is taken at the start of the hour. Attendance is taken on asynchronous days by completion of an activity -- an exit ticket, classroom comment, email or other check-in. It must be done by an appointed time in order for the student to count as being “present” for the day.
There is no live instruction on Wednesdays -- it is a work day, so the schedule is flexible. Teachers will be available by appointment (for a meeting) or by email (for a question).
Counselors are also available by appointment.
At present, Bishop Foley Catholic will return to school on Wednesday, December 9th.
The daily schedule is as follows:
- Start of the Day: 7:50am
- Live Broadcast M/T/Th/Fri from the office at 7:50am (No live broadcast on Wednesdays)
- Morning Prayer, Mission Statement, Pledge of Allegiance, Daily Announcements
- 1st Hour: 8:00am - 8:45am
- 2nd Hour: 8:50am - 9:35am
- 3rd Hour: 9:40am - 10:25am
- 4th Hour: 10:30am - 11:15am
- Break for Lunch: 11:15am - 12:00pm
- 5th Hour: 12:00pm - 12:45pm
- 6th Hour: 12:50pm - 1:35pm
- 7th Hour: 1:40pm - 2:25pm