The “Foley Family” refers to the engaging and caring community that encompasses Bishop Foley Catholic. It is the partnership between students, families, teachers, advisers, alumni, coaches, and administrators who work together to prepare students to succeed in all aspects of their lives.
BFC is more than a college preparatory co-ed
school. Foley provides a Catholic education in a Christ-centered environment that emphasizes academic excellence to develop the whole person in mind, body and spirit. Foley is truly Undeniably Catholic
and Academically Excellent
, while also giving students the opportunity to excel outside of the classroom
BFC: The Basics
- We are a four year co-ed, college preparatory school within the Archdiocese of Detroit. Students come from over 60 different schools, including Catholic and public schools.
- The average class size is 18 students. The small class size allows teachers to spend quality time with students and accommodate their needs.
- Foley prepares students for success by encouraging the growth of each individual on an academic, spiritual, and personal level. Consistently, 100% of BFC graduates continue their education at a wide variety of local and nationwide colleges and universities!
- Foley’s renovated chapel is in the heart of our school, providing a serene place for prayer and meditation at any time of the day. We stay Christ-centered by holding a weekly Mass every Tuesday morning that the entire school attends, including students, staff, faculty, and some parents.
- Students serve the community through required service hours for each student and our annual Be the Difference Day. Meaningful retreat opportunities are provided for students in order to foster their spiritual growth.
- The Theology Department offers students a Christ-based curriculum that helps students deepen their relationship with God, enrich their understanding of our Catholic faith, and expand their knowledge on other world religions.
- Over 130 courses and electives are offered, including 8 Honors classes and 12 Advance Placement classes. This allows students to obtain college credits before graduation.
- Foley is an accredited school through Advanc-Ed National Accreditation.
- Students have the opportunity to dual enroll with University of Detroit Mercy to obtain college credit.
- Coeducational schools offer the best representation of the broader society. Students who learn to work with members of the opposite gender are better prepared for the world beyond school.
- It sends a strong message to students about the value of equality and diversity.
- Coeducation provides students the opportunity to experience the social dynamics that occur between the two genders, better preparing them for a primarily gender-balanced world.
Outside of the Classroom
- Student athletes train to become competitive and respectful stars in their sport of choice, in a first class athletic complex, Venture Park.
- BFC sports teams have won over 70 championship titles since 2000.
- Foley’s extracurricular activities have been recognized nationwide, including our award-winning Robotics Team and competitive Fine Arts program. There is something unique for all Foley students!