High School Placement Test Workshops
Bishop Foley Catholic High School hosts HSPT Workshops each summer and fall on our campus for 8th graders.
Highly qualified Bishop Foley Catholic faculty members teach the workshops, providing advice on valuable testing tips as well as strategies to score well and avoid common mistakes.
Summer: June 18-20, 2019
9:00 AM-12:00 PM
The $100 workshop specifically designed for incoming 8th grade students who want to
start preparing for the High School Placement Test. You will receive a prep book, take a
full-length practice test, and learn skills and testing techniques from our distinguished
Fall: Date TDB
The $35 workshop fee includes: 2-hour workshop, sample questions, strategies, and testing
materials for additional practice.
High School Placement Testing
The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is a measure of a student’s basic abilities and educational achievement. This test is required for all 8th grade students planning to attend a Catholic High School. Bishop Foley Catholic uses test scores of applicants to aid in proper placement within our curriculum and scholarships. Further honors placement testing will be offered in the spring based on HSPT scores.
Bishop Foley Catholic High School offers the High School Placement Test four times throughout an academic year. Families will register to take the HSPT at the high school of their choice through an online portal. Register online here.
Testing Dates Offered at Bishop Foley Catholic
- Saturday, November 17, 2018
- Saturday, December 1, 2018
- Saturday, February 2, 2019
- Saturday, March 2, 2019
Please arrive at 7:45 AM for registration, so the test can begin promptly at 8:00 AM.
√ Two sharpened #2 pencils (no calculators)
√ A bottle of water to drink during the test
√ $40 cash or check made payable to Bishop Foley Catholic (***Note: This is required only if you did not submit payment online.)
√ Students may want to bring a snack or money for the vending machines
Tips for Success on the HSPT
- Get a good rest the night before.
- Eat a well-balanced, nourishing breakfast.
- Give yourself enough time to arrive, so that you will not be rushed.
- Bring two sharpened #2 pencils with erasers.
- Bring a small snack with you. There will be a short break to stand-up in the testing room.
- Determine your first and second choices for high schools you would like to attend (where your scores will be sent) before testing day.
- Please discuss this test with your parents.
- Stay hydrated. Water helps with memory and thinking.
- Relax. You will do fine!
Bishop Foley Catholic does not use the High School Placement Test score as the sole determinant for entrance. Strong consideration is given to 7th and 8th grade performance both academically and behaviorally. Middle school teacher recommendations, as well as principal input, aids in the overall acceptance of each student.